We are an agile team working on an array of exciting projects. Your input will be valued and you will help shape the outcome of the projects you work on. Our preference is that you are Melbourne based, but we will consider those living elsewhere in Australia. The key focus is productivity and meeting deadlines for our clients. Successful candidates will ideally have a relevant IT degree and a minimum of 8+ years experience. In addition, it is crucial to possess good analytical problem solving skills, written and verbal communication as well as the ability to work autonomously when required. If you have had relevant experience, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
The Tech Lead/Architect role is instrumental in AppGenie, defining and developing well-architected Salesforce solutions, ensuring quality and adherence to Salesforce best practices. This role calls for a person who has a broad understanding of professional services and who possess the tool kit of a consultant. That tool kit will include stakeholder management, keen business acumen, the ability to create and maintain collateral, strong collaboration skills, the ability to lead workshops, kick offs and training sessions. Consultants within our teams have inquisitive minds and are striving to continually learn and bring their ”A” game every day. Being part of the team here is not only contributing to the role you do, but also to the wider AppGenie community. You will be given the opportunity to develop your skills, supported by our experienced senior team.
We follow an agile methodology, in our approach to design and development. The Salesforce platform is pivotal for this role, using extensive APEX & Lightning code & configuration. The required skill set includes design, development, configuration, customization, implementation and operational maintenance.
• Translate business requirements into well architected technical solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and lead technical design sessions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client's current and desired end states.
• Define, review and deliver the technology solutions for clients and establish a solid architecture foundation.
• Configure Salesforce features to support clients’ business requirements according to the organisations’ expertise and skills.
• Contribute to configuration and build of the Salesforce data model to help support business requirements.
• Work in a Pre-Sales function to drive discovery session, scope project proposals collaboratively and demonstrate expert-level technical assistance.
• Build and develop relationships with Salesforce team and assist in sales pursuits.
• Provide expertise during presales efforts to estimate the level of effort for technical solutions and developing and reviewing proposal.
• Enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with major technology programs.
• Be able to independently perform requirement analysis, database design, coding, testing and implementation of custom lightning solutions in a timely manner.
• Extensive experience (5+ years) in custom Lightning development – both within the Salesforce Lightning Design System framework, Aura, Apex and declarative platform tools (Process Builder, Visual Workflow, Lightning App Builder, etc).
• Report and dashboard development.
• User interface design and development (as required by specific projects).
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills - must be able to deliver workshops and strategise at a C level (e.g CEO, CFO etc.)
• Ability to understand and be responsive to customer needs and to advocate for customer success.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to have presence in a meeting environment. Must be able to steer conversation.
• Manage own deliverables and accountabilities on large programs of work, while working collaboratively as part of a team.
• Ability to work independently and a willingness to take ownership of problems.
• Work with other developers, designers, and architects to ensure configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
• Assist in staffing consultants on client projects, matching consultants’ skills with client need, and supporting them in their career aspirations and handle the performance feedback and annual review processes for direct reports.
• Develop and document code according to specifications and standards.
• Inform the Technical Architect and Project Manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
• Uphold and maintain our technical delivery processes and actively contribute to them.
• Escalate technical problems to collaboratively reach solutions.
• Leverage source control systems to ensure source code lifecycle is managed.
Solution Design and Documentation:
• Understand clients’ business processes, pain points, business needs and customer experience to deliver Salesforce based technical solutions, that leverage the most out of the Salesforce platform.
• Author solution design, document and provide input to solution architecture.
• Deploy Salesforce configuration and code to various sandboxes and production environments to help conduct SIT, UAT and production migration/deployment.
• Document the application to facilitate maintenance.
Testing and Security:
• Testing and maintenance to meet end to end business requirements.
• Defect management and resolution.
• Configure, build, and test the application or technical architecture components (with team support where appropriate).
• Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
• Participate in code reviews / develop common test data.
• Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
• Respond to ad hoc internal user requests (supporting clients and staff queries).
• Consulting skills - ability and want to act as a trusted adviser to clients and peers.
• Stay abreast of Salesforce new release features and benefits and certifications.
• Achieve appropriate technical certifications on offer from Salesforce and apply capabilities appropriately to business problems.
• Participate in peer review technical solutions and provide constructive feedback.